- Come and explore the beauty of the Great Southern
- The freshest air and the best climate
- Bountiful natural attractions with tall timber forests
- Wild ocean and endless beaches
- Safe swimming at Greens Pool
- Trails capital of Western Australia
- Munda Biddi and Bibbulmun Trails converge here
- Swimming, walking, snorkelling, rock climbing
- Bushwalking, bike adventures, touring and wineries
- Travellers' Rest is a home from home
- Quiet rooms with boutique amenities
- Full kitchen and laundry facilities
- Great fun to be had at low cost
- Right next to all town attractions
- Located in the historic precinct of Denmark
- Adjacent Museum showcases fascinating history
- Festival of the Voice June long weekend
- Arts Trails and classes
- Yoga for health and fitness
- Indulge yourself with a spa treatment
- Bird life to appreciate including rare migratory species
- Enjoy a day on the waterways of the River and Wilson Inlet
- Fresh produce from local farms always available
The 1000km Munda Biddi Mountain Bike Trail - Perth to Albany
The Munda Biddi Trail (which means path through the forest in the Noongar Aboriginal language) is fast becoming a world-class nature-based off-road cycling experience. There are few places left in the world where a 1000km track could be built through an undeveloped natural corridor. Combine Western Australia's vast areas of unspoiled forests and bushland, gentle terrain, and you have the ideal setting for an off-road cycle trail.
Every day on the trail will be different. Imagine cycling through towering eucalyptus forests and ancient, unspoiled bushland. Discover plants and wildlife not found anywhere else in the world. Camp in shelters or stay in quaint country towns. Learn about Aboriginal culture and the rich heritage of the region as you visit wineries and attractions of the south west of Australia.
The Munda Biddi is a trail with something for everyone. There are sections of trail that will suit anyone's cycling ability and pace. The trail is easily accessible by car, so you can begin your journey wherever it is convenient. Different sections of the trail will be suitable for cyclists of all levels, with challenging loops and spurs to be added once the main trail is completed. And because the trail is predominantly off-road, you can enjoy the scenery while you safely cycle through the forest on the dirt track.
For over 12 years Blue Wren has been serving walkers on the Bibbulmun Track and is well now well equipped for cyclists.